The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and more than 500 partner organizations, will kick off the 15th annual Chicago Money Smart Week with a breakfast event at 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 20, at the Chicago Fed, 230 S. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Money Smart Week® Partner Organizations
Announce April 20 Kick-Off Breakfast, Financial Literacy Summit
CHICAGO- (April 19, 2016) –- The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and more than 500 partner organizations, will kick off the 15th annual Chicago Money Smart Week with a breakfast event at 8:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 20, at the Chicago Fed, 230 S. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL. Money Smart Week runs from April 23-30.
As part of the kick-off event, experts on two panels co-hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Visa, Inc., will discuss, “A Decade of Innovation in Financial Literacy,” Panel members will talk about topics including improving financial literacy capabilities for millennials, the unbanked and underbanked, and the role of government in improving personal finance levels and advancing financial stability and responsibility worldwide.
For more information about the Visa Summit, or to sign up for the live webcast of the event go to: http://www.practicalmoneyskills.com/summit2016/
What: Money Smart Week Kick-Off Breakfast
Where: Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
230 S. LaSalle Street
When: Wednesday, April 20
8:00 a.m. Registration and Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Welcome and Introduction:
- Jason Alderman, Vice President of Global Financial Education, Visa, Inc.
. Financial Summit 2016, sponsored by Visa, Inc.
- The Honorable William Francis Morneau, Minister of Finance, Canada
9:30 a.m. Panel One Discussion: “From Policy to Practice: Innovative Changes in Financial Education”
- Dan Kadlec, Moderator, Journalist and Author, TIME and MONEY magazines
- Gail Hillebrand, Associate Director for Consumer Education and Engagement, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- John W. Rogers, Jr., Chairman, CEO and Chief Investment Officer, Ariel Investments.
- Gil S. Beltran, Under Secretary and Chief Economist, Philippines Department of Finance
- Shu-pui Li, Designate Executive Director (Financial Infrastructure) Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA)
- Naoyuki Yoshino, Dean of the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) and Professor Emeritus at Keio University
10:40 a.m. Program Showcase: Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s Money Smart Week
- Alejo Torres, Senior Outreach Program Manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Mario Gage, Investor Services Associate, Ariel Investments, First Money Smart Week Kid Winner in 2004
11:00 a.m. Panel Two Discussion: The Future of Financial Education
- Liz Weston, Moderator, Author and Personal Finance Columnist, NerdWallet
- Amias Gerety, Acting Assistant Secretary for Financial Institutions, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Ana Pantelic, Director of Business and Partnership Development, Fundación Capital
- Jeff Cruttenden, Co-Founder, Acorns
- Ted Gonder, Co-Founder and CEO, Moneythink
Money Smart Week is designed to educate consumers about money management as well as generate awareness of financial education programs on topics such as saving, using credit wisely, and financial education for youths.
More than 500 free classes, seminars and activities will take place during Money Smart Week. The educational activities will be carried out by local community groups, financial institutions, not-for profit organizations, businesses, schools, libraries, local and national government agencies, and media personalities.
A calendar of events for this year’s Money Smart Week, along with additional updated information, is now available at: www.moneysmartweek.org
To attend the breakfast, contact Laura LaBarbera at (312) 322-2387 or via email at email@example.com.
# # # #