What is a Money Smart Partner?
A Money Smart partner is an individual or organization that actively participates during Money Smart Week with the approval of the Federal Reserve Bank. Current partners include businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media. Individuals and organizations are considered partners upon agreeing to one or more of the following:
- Provide educational materials, instructors, or a seminar for consumers
- Provide facilities to host events, sponsor events or promotional materials
- Leverage resources to publicly support or endorse Money Smart Week
Money Smart Partner Responsibilities
Money Smart partners are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All workshops, seminars and activities must be educational in nature and relate to improving knowledge of personal finances, from basic savings tips to advanced money management strategies. Sales pitches and/or commercial marketing are strictly prohibited.
- Most workshops, seminars and activities should be free and open to the public. Private events will be included for appropriate audiences such as students, employees and professional groups.
- Implement, as able, additional marketing and/or promotional strategies for individual events to secure attendance numbers. Promotional packages will be given to partners to help with media efforts.
- Appoint a representative to manage Money Smart Week activities and to allow for attendance at planning meetings scheduled in your area leading up to the event. Note that meetings are not required, but are encouraged to facilitate networking and planning among partners.
- Provide vision, leadership and general direction to third-party sponsors/presenters.
- Sign up online as a partner and submit Money Smart Week event information via moneysmartweek.org before or on the given deadline.
- Complete and return measurement criteria including attendance numbers for all events, participant surveys, photos, media clips and samples of any other promotional materials used during the campaign.